These are definitely the best cupcakes I’ve made yet! The recipe called for vanilla but I didn’t have enough so I used almond extract! Thank god they turned out good!
I took this recipe from Urban Bakes
Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 45 min | Quantity: 12
- 1 C
- 1 T distilled white vinegar
- 2 C
all purpose*organic pastry* flour
- 1 C
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1/4 C water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 24 cupcake liners into pan
- In large bowl, mix soy milk and vinegar; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine and whisk oil, water, lemon juice and vanilla into the soy milk-mixture.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the soy milk-mixture and mix on medium speed using an electric mixer until batter is lump-free.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners about 1/2 – 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes recipe created by URBAN BAKES.
Vanilla Vegan Buttercream
Prep time: 2 min | Total time: 5 min | Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 2 C confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 C vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 T
- 1 t
clear vanilla*almond* extract
- In large bowl, combine and mix all ingredients together on medium speed using an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until buttercream becomes light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes. Note: quantities in this recipe generously covers 6 cupcakes.
They were so yummy! I have plenty of leftovers!