I’m definitely going to try this sometime!
Summer weather has finally arrived in Montreal. I’ve been creating so many different summer salads and this one was made on a weeknight in a jiffy. Super easy, quick, and nutritious. It is also quite versatile; you can substitute the cannellini beans with red or black beans. You can also substitute the spinach with steamed kale or other greens of your choice.
Here is the exact recipe I came up with which worked perfectly on a nice summer night. Note, when using canned vegetables, I try (and suggest) using organic and BPA-free wherever possible..
Summer Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 can organic whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 can organic cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 organic carrots, washed, diced
- 1 package (300 grams) organic baby spinach, washed, dried
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive…
View original post 110 more words