I found a recipe online at Oh She Glows and they turned out really good! I only ate one and then I was full but I made 3 whole pancakes (:
Recipe for Peanut Butter Swirl Pancakes:
Ingredients (6 medium pancakes)
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 T organic cane sugar (or regular will do) (I used brown sugar)
- 2 t baking powder (I use aluminum-free)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 T egg replacer mixed with 2 T warm water (or 1 egg)–I used 1/4 c. apple sauce
Peanut Butter Swirl
- 2 T peanut butter
- 2 T natural unsweetened applesauce
Coconut Maple Syrup: Note–I used regular pure maple syrup and they were yummy!
- 1 generous T coconut oil
- 1/2 T Pure Maple Syrup
- Mix dry batter ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Mix egg replacer in a small bowl and set aide. Whisk in milk into dry ingredients. Whisk in egg replacer. Add more milk to thin out if necessary.
- Set batter aside and preheat skillet.
- While skillet heats up, mix swirl batter into a small bowl or mug. Place swirl batter into a baggie and clip off end. This will allow you to pipe it into the pancakes.
- Pour batter onto skillet and immediately pipe the swirl onto the pancakes. Once bubbles have form and popped, flip pancakes and cook the otherside.
- Mix the syrup ingredients together and brush onto the cooked pancakes with a spoon.
- Garnish with shredded coconut. Now enjoy the most decadent and moist tasting pancakes you’ve ever had! Makes 6 medium sized pancakes.