I took this recipe from the Forks Over Knives Cookbook!
Serving Size: 12 muffins
2/3 c. plant-based milk (I used unsweet almond milk)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 c 100% pure maple syrup (I didn’t have quite a 1/2 cup it was probably between 1/3 and 1/2 c
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. berries (I used all blueberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin pan with liners
2. Using a fork mix together the almond milk, flaxseeds and vinegar for roughly a minute until it appears foamy
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then form a well in the center of the mixture and add the milk mixture in the middle. Then add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir together until wet. Be careful not to overstir. Once finished, add the blueberries by gently folding them into the mixture.
4. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full and bake for 22-26 minutes in the oven.
5. Let the muffins cool completely for roughly 20 minutes then remove the muffins.