The recipe was taken from the Forks Over Knives Cookbook!
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed banana (I had to use 2 organic bananas to fill the cup)
1/2 c. 100% pure maple syrup
1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready an 8 x 4 inch nonstick or silicone baking pan. Note: I used pam to line the pan so that I didn’t have to worry about the banana bread sticking to the pan
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix the banana, maple syrup, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, mixing just until everything is evenly moistened.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Distribute the batter evenly along the length of the pan but don’t spread the batter on the edges; the batter will spread as it bakes. Bake for 55-60 minutes. (Note: In my oven I only needed to cook it until 45 minutes so make sure you check it around that time)
6. Let the bread cool for at least 30 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and carefully invert the loaf onto a cooling rack. Be sure it is fully cooled before slicing.